Application Deadline: March 16, 2015
Location: New York, USA
Our summer internship program has been a part of the foundation for more than 30 years. Since its inception we have worked to provide an enriching and rewarding experience for students of all majors with varying career aspirations.
The program is designed to expose students to philanthropy and the not-for-profit sector, and to provide them with a rich learning and development experience. Assignments vary by department, but generally include administrative, analytical, research and special project support. Students also attend weekly learning sessions, which include meetings with senior foundation staff and opportunities to learn about business etiquette, build networking skills and discuss career planning.
The program runs for 11 weeks, beginning Monday, June 8, 2015, and ending Friday, August 21, 2015.
Positions may be available in the following grant-making programs:
• Democracy, Rights and Justice
• Economic Opportunity and Assets
• Education, Creativity and Free Expression
Positions may also be available in other departments throughout the Foundation:
• Facilities Management
• Financial Services
• Human Resources
• Information Management
• Information Technology
• Legal Services
• Program Services
To apply, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter outlining your interest in the Ford Foundation and what you hope to gain from this internship experience.
- Full-time undergraduates entering junior or senior year
- From the New York tri-state area
- Receiving needs-based financial aid
- Maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated leadership and an interest in social justice via coursework or extracurricular activity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work a 35-hour week
- Interest in the work of nonprofit organizations and foundations